Epoxy resin: the last vestige of a desperate man.
While trying to set up my new office at home, I pulled out my trusty Cisco 7941, hacked to get SIP firmware on it and connect it to an Asterisk server, only to find that during the last move its base station lock had broken off internally, and it fell over every time I set it down.
Jamming the mechanism failed.
Finding a sweet spot where it stood up worked for five minutes then failed.
Supergluing it turned the plastic white and then failed.
There was only one thing left. While opening the epoxy resin I noticed my trusty old knife that I’d abandoned when it lost two of its retaining bolts. Attempting to force a 5.25” optical drive screw into the old thread worked through the sidewall but failed in the grub nut. But, there was one screw left from the middle bolt when it had fallen out, miraculously still in place. I rehomed it to the end bolt, which somehow still worked after trying to re-thread it, and did the front and end bolts up super tight, then glued the middle grub in place with the leftover resin.
Knife is working fine, hopefully the phone does too.